Thursday, July 15, 2010

Garlic Spinach Facaccia Bread



HI there,
  I know I haven't been on to post in awhile - sorry about that !!!

I just started an 11 week initiative at Raw FOOD Rehab and we are on day 5..I made a Raw Garlic Spinach Facaccia bread using Raya Belna's Recipe  (click to see video of her) .I altered it some cause I didn't have all the ingredients ..SOOO I used spinach (she uses basil) and I used 2 small apples (she used an Asian Pear) I also used regular Chia Seeds (she uses Mila) Oh and I used some garlic powder along with a clove a garlic ( I taste tested "batter" and it needed more garlic for me)..It turned out great !!!(am posting pictures!) See recipe below:


RAW garlic facaccia bread

4 cps almond meal
1/2 cups chia seeds
1 asian pear (shredded with juice) (I used 2 small apples)
2 tsp sea salt
1 microplained clove of garlic (can use garlic powder)
process til smooth in food processor while slowly adding 1 cp olive oil and gets sticky, then pulse in 1 cp fresh basil (or spinach)

spread on teflex sheet then microplain another garlic clove (I sprinkled garlic powder) and sprinkle more basil or spinach and score bread into 4x4 pieces (makes 12 pieces) 110 degrees 12 hours in dehydrator then flip and dehydrate another few hours til bottom is dry (I let it go another 2 or 3 hours)...this will be soft - NOT a cracker... let cool to room temp before storing .I am storing mine in the freezer...


Til next time ,
   Keep on RAWKIN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment