Wednesday, July 21, 2010

ASIAN COLESLAW

I just made my own version of an ASIAN COLESLAW and it was really good !! so thought I'd post it here..
Sorry no picture by time I thought of that it was eaten up hahaha)

ok my measurements are estimates you may need taste as ya go)


ASIAN COLESLAW



this makes about 2 servings (I made it as a "side salad")

DRESSING:

2 Tbsp tahini
3 or 4 sprays Bragg's liquid amino's (can use soy sauce of choice)
(4 sprays is about 1/2 tsp maybe?)
4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
grated ginger (or can use powder) to taste
1 clove garlic (or can use powder to taste)
about 4 tablespoons olive oil (I try not to use much oil)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp honey (or agave)
black pepper to taste
**if you like a little kick add some cayenne pepper to taste (OPTIONAL)
then add water until at consistency you like ( I added maybe 5 tbsp water)

Also if dressing seems too strong for you try adding more tahini ( or whatever nut butter you use) and thin with water if needed to get consistency you like ...

SALAD:

1/4 purple cabbage shredded (you can use reg green cabbage or mix them together - I just like the color of purple haha)
1 grated carrot
one green onion (I snip mine with scissors)
add some raw almonds chopped or your favorite nut
and some raw sunflower seeds



I hand tossed everything together and massaged dressing in real well and my Mom thinks it tastes better if let sit overnight haha (thats her 2 cents haha) if to salty use less soy sauce (or less Bragg's) you can also try using any mild nut butter you have on hand if you don't have tahini...

I was just getting a bit tired of the same old coleslaw and this turned out to be very tasty!!!


Til next time ,


    Keep on RAWKIN !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment